Lordship Title of Barford ID13285

County:
Title Type:
Previous Lords:
Osbern son of Walter had no tenant under him at the time of the Survey, but in 1194 the manor was held of the overlord by Peter de Leyham, who also held the more important manor of Barford. In 1284 John de Leyham held it, and from that date till 1380 no further reference has been found to this property. In that year, and again in 1384, Reginald de Grey and Eleanor his wife conveyed Barford manor into the hands of trustees, and in 1396 Eleanor wife of Reginald de Grey died seised of the manor, of which further trace has been lost. One mill is mentioned in the Survey of Little Barford in 1087. It was valued at 12s. and belonged to Little Barford manor held by Eudo Dapifer. To the same manor was also attached in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries a free fishery in the waters of the Ouse, and a view of frankpledge.
Other Information:
Manorial Counsel Limited has created a new legal right to bring the titles of this lordship back into use.
Listed in the Domesday Book:
Yes

of pages