Lordship Title of Great Caddington ID1118

Title Type:
Previous Lords:
The prebendal manor of GREAT CADDINGTON is attached to the prebend of that name. The stall was held in 1103 by Askyllus or Anskyldus. In 1649, when the chapter of London was abolished, this estate was sold to Richard Somers of London, but at the Restoration was recovered by the Church. Newcourt, writing in the first years of the eighteenth century, states that this manor was then called Aston Bury. The manor-house which stood some quarter of a mile east of the church was pulled down about fifty years ago, and a farm-house, now known as the Prebendal Farm, was built on the site.
Other Information:
Listed in the Domesday Book:

of pages