Lordship Title of Buckhurst ID14112

County:
Parish:
Title Type:
Previous Lords:
There was a subordinate manor in Binfield called BUCKHURST situated on Buckhurst Hill. It was held in 1608 by Thomas Allen and in 1663 by the heir of Nicholas Ticknor. In 1806 it belonged to Charles Cove, and before that to the Southey family. Cove was still in possession in 1840, but it was afterwards bought by Mr. Heelas of Wokingham and sold to Mr. C. J. Murdoch, M.P. for Reading, to whose widow it now belongs.
Other Information:
Listed in the Domesday Book:
No

of pages