02 Aug Lordship Title of Everton ID13756
Posted at 08:28h in
In the second entry, which is to be found in the Huntingdonshire inquisition, mention is made of 7 hides of land in Everton, held of the king in chief, formerly belonging to Ingewar, but now to Rannulf, the same probably who held of the Countess Judith. By 1140 this property had passed to Gilbert earl of Pembroke, who in that year granted the church to St. Neots. The Pembrokes, and through them the Norfolks, continued to be overlords of Everton, Everton manor being held as of the manor of Weston. The last mention that has been found of the overlordship is in 1626, when the manor was held of Sir Thomas Puckeringe as of his manor of Weston.
Listed in the Domesday Book: