Lordship Title of Barford ID13938

County:
Title Type:
Previous Lords:
St. Neots Priory owned property in this parish which later became known as BARFORD MANOR, and appears to have originated in grants made by Hugh and Geoffrey of Barford in the 13th century. In 1428 St. Neots was holding that portion of a knight's fee in Great Barford which Gerard de Braybrook and Margaret de Longeville formerly held. Barford appears to have been granted to John Gostwick some time previous to 1580–1, and followed the same descent as Willington (q.v.) till it was transferred to William Delaune in 1663, after which it followed the same descent as Netherbury.
Other Information:
Listed in the Domesday Book:
No

of pages