Lordship Title of Carlton ID13820

County:
Parish:
Title Type:
Previous Lords:
A second owner of land in Carlton at the time of the Domesday Survey was Nigel de Albini, whose tenants held 2⅓ hides ½ virgate, later known as CARLTON MANOR. Like the remainder of Nigel de Albini's estates Carlton became a member of the barony of Cainhoe, whose descent is given in Clophill (q.v.). The last mention of it as attached to this barony occurs in 1428; in 1609 it is declared to be held of the king in chief.
Other Information:
Listed in the Domesday Book:
Yes

of pages