21 Dec Lordship Title of Lee ID14131
Posted at 09:05h in
A parcel of the manor of Sindlesham was separated from the rest of the manor in the 14th century and became the manor or farm of LEE. This was held by Ralph Rastwold at his death in 1383, and descended to his son Richard Rastwold, who died seised in 1475, leaving a son Thomas. In 1550 Anthony Rastwold conveyed his estate under the name of the manors of Lee, Warres and Hurst to Sir Edmund Pecham, kt., who in 1557 sold to Richard Ward the manor or farm of 'le Lee' in Hurst, and at the same time transferred his interest in a lease for eighty years of Sandford Mill granted by the Bishop of Salisbury. The manor of Lee followed the descent of Hurst alias Whistley until 1785, when Thomas Septimus Dalby sold the estate to Lady Gower of Bill Hill, with which estate it subsequently passed.
Listed in the Domesday Book: