Lordship Title of Scarlets ID14122

County:
Parish:
Title Type:
Previous Lords:
The so-called manor or farm of SCARLETS was held of the manor of Wargrave. In the 16th century it was owned by Richard Pyttetts or Pettit, whose daughter and heir Margaret married Thomas Spier, who settled the manor in 1535. Thomas and Margaret, who were in seisin in 1557, were succeeded by their son Richard. The latter died in 1581 seised in tail-male and was succeeded by his son Richard, a minor, described as 'of Scarletts.' Anthony and Richard Spier afterwards held in succession. It was held in 1790 by James Leigh Perrot and in 1818 by his widow Jane. The Rev. J. E. A. Leigh sold it in 1853 to C. R. Littledale, who conveyed it in 1894 to the Rev. H. M. Wells, the present owner.
Other Information:
Listed in the Domesday Book:
No

of pages