Lordship Title of Shawe ID14100

County:
Parish:
Title Type:
Previous Lords:
The manor of SHAWE (Shaghe, xiii cent.) is called the 'king's old purpresture' in 1280, when it was held on lease with the manor of Old Windsor. It seems to have been part of the lands granted to Oliver de Bordeaux (see Foliejohn in Winkfield) and surrendered to the Crown by William Trussel. In 1363 it was granted at fee farm to Robert Hartley, but escheated before 1436, after which it seems to have been held by the Thorpes of Thorpe (co. Surrey) until 1481, when it was reconveyed to the Crown. During the 16th and 17th centuries it was held by various tenants. In 1699 it was granted to William Aldworth, whose descendant, Lord Braybrooke, was holding in 1813.
Other Information:
Listed in the Domesday Book:
No

of pages